Welcome to the Applied Mathematics Group of Prof. Dr. Michael Hintermüller.
Our research activities take place at the Department of Mathematics of the Humboldt-University of Berlin, at the Weierstrass-Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, within the Research Center MATHEON in Berlin and the Einstein Center for Mathematics Berlin as well as with many colleagues world-wide. Our current research interests include the theory, design and analysis of algorithms in:
- Mathematical Image Processing
- MPECs in Function Space
- Nonsmooth Optimization
- PDE-Constrained Optimization
- Shape and Topology Optimization
- Elasticity: contact, cracks, etc.
- Image deblurring, denoising, demodulation and segmentation
- Interface and free boundary problems
- Modelling, simulation and optimization in the context of gas networks
- Optimal control of multiphase flows and droplets