- Due to the current Covid-19 outbreak, this course will take place online.
- The lectures and exercise sessions will take on the Zoom platform.
Please ensure that you have a working setup for the connecting to a Zoom meeting.
This page contains some information pertaining to Zoom and HU-Berlin
- Before every lecture of exercise session, enrolled students with HU email addresses will receive the relevant login information on their respective email addresses
- The lectures will take place on Thursday, 11:00 to 13:00.
- The exercise sessions will take place every other week, starting April 30th 2020
In this class, we will study MPEC, mostly from a nonsmooth perspective.
A tentative outline of the course is as follows
- Introduction of MPEC and examples from applications
- Basic results from set-valued and variational analysis
- Introduction to multivalued mapping
- Lipschitzian properties
- Generalized derivatives
- Generalized Equations
- Existence and uniqueness
- Stability of solutions under perturbations
- Differentiation of solution mapping
- Optimality conditions for MPEC
The following references are accessible from the HU network.
- Prof. Dr. Michael Hintermüller, hint[at]math.hu-berlin.de
- Dr. Olivier Huber, olivier.huber[at]hu-berlin.de
The exercise session will take place from 13:00 to 15:00 on the following days:
- 30 April 2020
- 14 Mai 2020
- 28 Mai 2020
- 11 June 2020
- 25 June 2020
- 16 July 2020
The exercises will be divided into 2 sets: homework exercises and exercises to be presented online.
- Homework exercises are to be solved ahead of time, in writing, and communicated via email to the course assistant.
- The deadline for submitting the homework is 36h before the start of the exercise session.
- The submission must be in one of the following formats:
- Legible scan or photograph of hand-written solutions. Those will have to be assembled in a single PDF document, and have the proper orientation.
Improper submissions will not be graded. If it is not clear that the participant can achieve this result, the second format is recommended.
- Typeset solutions in the PDF form. The use of the TeX/LaTeX/ConteXt typesetting system is highly encouraged.
During the exercise session, the course assistant will present a solution to the homework exercise and provide
a general feedback on the exercises.
Exercises to be presented
- During the week before the exercise session, course participants are expected to fill a poll with the exercises to present.
- The preparation consists of producing a pdf document (legible scan/photograph of hand-written notes or electronic notes)
During the session, the presenter will be chosen from the poll list.
The course participant will present his solution by sharing his screen and explaining orally the steps in the solution.
We remind the course participants that they are expected to submit or present work of their own only.